The 2020 Hyundai 120 is all set to receive a new base variant. Yes, a YouTuber’s dream is about to come true. Spy shots of the new base variant of the Hyundai i20 have been spotted at a dealer stockyard.
The new variant is expected to be placed below the existing Magna base variant.
Any mechanical changes?
- It is expected to offer the same 3 engine options- 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre petrol turbo and 1.5-litre diesel unit.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual, iMT, automatic and an optional CVT and DCT.
What’s on the feature end?
- Starting with the outside we get to see steel rims instead of steel or alloy rims.
- It also misses out on the fog lamps.
- It’s a bit hard to notice but we guess that the new base variant will also miss out on some crucial features on the inside as well.
- These features include a multifunctional steering wheel and a 2-din audio setup.
- Looking at its rear profile it looks similar to the higher level variants.
Launch and Rivals?
- It is expected that Hyundai could introduce the and more affordable i20 sometime next month.
- With its launch, it will continue to rival the likes of the Honda Jazz, Ford Freestyle, Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and its twin the Toyota Glanza.
Not to Miss: Alloy Wheels Vs Steel Wheels | GoMechanic Basics