It was recently Zac Hollis confirmed that they were planning to launch the 4th gen of the Octavia somewhere around June-July. with Octavia completing 20 years of production there Skoda has something special for its audience.
Zac Hollis announced that the 2021 version of the Octavia has gone into production and will soon be launched in India. The post also stated that the first production unit has also rolled of the brand’s Aurangabad facility.
What’s under the hood?
- Under its hood, the 2021 Skoda Octavia is rumoured to feature a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol motor capable of generating 190PS.
- The same engine does the job on the recently launched Skoda Superb facelift.
- We can also expect a smaller 1.5-litre turbo engine good enough to do 150PS.
What’s on the feature end?
- In terms of styling, the new Octavia will look more sleek and dynamic compared to the previous generation.
- With the new 2021 Skoda Octavia, we will get to see a new pair of LED split headlamps set up whit a newly designed butterfly grille.
- Skoda will also offer a sleeker and much more appealing LED fog lamp setup.
- On the inside, the 2021 Skoda will boast a floating touchscreen infotainment system.
- Skoda has removed all the knobs and buttons and everything will be controlled via the Infotainment system.
- It will also feature a 12 inch fully digital instrument cluster.
Any information on its price and rivals?
- When launched the next-gen Octavia will rival the likes of its sole rival, Hyundai Elantra.
- As far as the cost is concerned we can expect it to be priced between ₹20-27 lakhs (ex-showroom).