We recently saw the launch of a slightly upgraded BS6 compliant version of the brand’s first flagship SUV for the domestic market, the Hyundai Tucson. Its not news that the South-Korean carmaker was also working on a bigger, better and a more futuristic version of the of SUV as well.
And now, Hyundai has virtually pulled the covers off of the Next-gen Hyundai Tucson. Tucson has been one of the best selling modes globally but has somewhat failed to deliver in the domestic markets due to its bulky exteriors and outdated features.
So without any further ado lets have a look at what the Fourth-gen iteration has in store for us.
Do we get to see something new on the Engine front?
- The Euro-spec variant will pack a 2.5-litre direct-injected four-cylinder engine that sends 190hp with 182 Nm of torque via an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- It also gets an AWD system with 7-drive modes- Eco, Comfort, Smart, Sport, Mud, Sand and Snow.
- Additionally, the Hybrid and the plug-in hybrid will feature a 1.6-litre petrol engine, churning 230 hp with 258 Nm of peak torque.
What’s NEW on the outside?
- Talking about the exteriors, The new 2021 Tucson has been given a very aggressive design and holds an extremely distinct and strong visual presence.
- It also gets a newly designed trapezoidal front grille with integrated DRLs and a massive “H” logo.
- We also get to see a new set of quad-LED taillights connected to a horizontal LED light bar at the top.
- The front bumper sports large dynamically designed fog lamps, while the rear bumper gets a very unique diamond texture.
- On the side, we get to see some dynamically designed wheel arches with 16-inch alloy wheels.
What’s NEW on the inside?
- Step inside and we see what Hyundai calls an Interspace concept cabin with a button-less dual 10.25-inch full-touch screen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- We will also get to see a built-in air-ventilation system and an open, hoodless digital gauge cluster.
- The fully digital instrument cluster can change colours and interface according to the selected drive mode.
- As seen in the images, we will get to see a soft-touch dashboard along with ambient mood lighting with 64 colours and 10 brightness levels which adds a few extra points to its ultra-luxurious cabin.
- Moreover, the second-row seats will feature a unique fold-and-dive function for optimized reconfiguration capability between passengers and cargo.
- The next-gen flagship will also feature Hyundai SmartSense safety suite which includes adaptive cruise control that works in stop-and-go traffic, advanced lane-keeping steering assist and more.
- However, we can expect Hyundai to skip on these highly advanced features if and when launched in India.
- The 2022 Hyundai will be offered in 6 colour schemes- Crimson Red, Titan Grey, Deep Sea, Amazon Grey, Shimmering Silver and White.
When will it launch in India?
- Well, it is to early to even think about seeing the next-gen Hyundai Tucson on Indian shores as it will be launched first in the United States, followed by South-Korean and other countries.
- So looking at the current situation we can expect to see the Next-Gen Hyundai Tucson somewhere around Q2 of 2022 and that too if everything goes well for the brand in India.
- If and when launched, it will take on the likes of the Jeep Compass and the Skoda Karoq.