The Soon to be launched next-generation Mahindra Scorpio has been spotted yet again by folks at Wheel Bhp trekking the Hilly trails of Ooty. The all-new Scorpio will be the third-generation of the SUV and will feature a host of new features.
The Scorpio has been the brand’s best-selling model for over a decade and with this new generation update, many have set their eyes on it. So without wasting any more time let’s get into the specifications.
Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio | Engine Specification
- The new 2021 Mahindra Scorpio will come equipped with the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine compliant to the BS6 emission norms more power and torque capable of generating 140bhp at 3,750rpm and 320Nm at 1,500rpm.
- Transmission options might include a six-speed manual and an optional six-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio | Features
- On the Outside, the 2020 Mahindra Scorpio gets an all-new grille which helps the air-intake. As seen in the spy shots it also gets a new set of LED fog lamps, LED headlamps and a new curved bonnet for those who had difficulty over-looking the road.
- The silhouette on this beast has changed all thanks to the forward-facing third-row. The rear overhang has also changed which might increase the knee room requirement for tall people.
- On the Inside, the Scorpio will receive a massive touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and satellite navigation.
- Other additional features will include wireless phone charging capabilities, automatic climate control, new flat-bed steering wheel with compressive controls on it, and updated touch and feel surfaces to make the Scorpio look and feel premium.
Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio | Launch & Rivals
- Earlier it was expected that the new Scorpio will launch sometime this year but after looking at the current situation Mahindra should definitely avoid launching it sometime next year. But as per speculation, the brand will launch the new Scorpio will launch in the first half of 2021.
- When launched the next-generation Scorpio will actively rival the likes of the 2020 Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and MG Hector and the MG Hector Plus.