Mahindra and Mahindra seems to have been working really hard on the research and development of its best selling SUV the Next-gen Mahindra XUV500 and now we have confirmed reports that Mahindra will launch the all-new Next-gen Mahindra XUV500 by March 2021. However previously reports suggested that the company was supposed to launch the next-gen XUV500 by March 2020.
Next-gen Mahindra XUV500 | Engine Specifications
- Under its hood, the all-new Mahindra XUV500 will get its power from a 2.2-litre diesel unit which is likely to be introduced first with the current-gen XUV500 first. This engine will be capable of generating maximum power of 180hp.
- This diesel unit will also feature a DPF (diesel particulate filter) and an SCR (selective catalytic reduction) which will eventually help the engine clear the stringent BS6 emission norms.
- Additionally, we can also confirm that the Next-gen Mahindra XUV500 will have an all-new 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit capable of generating 190hp with 380Nm of peak torque.
- All the above-mentioned units will come mated to either 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Interior & Exterior
- On the Outside, The new XUV500 will support a more squarish design with flatter door panels which blends perfectly with the SUV’s silhouette. Other key elements on the car include its signature family size grille with slightly smaller headlamps placed vertically placed just beneath the DRL’s.
- Other notable tweaks on the next-gen Mahindra XUV500 will include its distinctive ‘cheetah claw’ handles with chrome inserts all over the car.
- Talking about the inside, the dashboard of the XUV500 will resemble that of the Mahindra Funster which will include a fully-digital instrumental cluster positioned with a massive touchscreen infotainment system. We can also expect the XUV500 to come with a 3-row layout.
Price & Rivals
- With its launch, we can expect the new XUV500 to be priced between Rs 12.31 lakh to Rs 18.52 lakh actively rivalling the next-gen Hyundai Creta, MG Hector, the upcoming Tata Gravitas which could be launched with the XUV500 and the Skoda Kamiq.
*The news was confirmed by MD & CEO, Mahindra & Mahindra, Dr Pawan Goenka at a recent earnings call*