As reported by GoMechanic earlier that India’s largest automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is working hard to bring in two new hot hatchbacks for the domestic likely to be priced under Rs. 5 Lakh. Reports also suggested that these new models will certainly replace the current Alto and the Celerio. Now rumour has it that the brand will is all set to launch the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto by 2021.
Next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto | Engine Specifications
- The new alto will be based on the HEARTECT platform which also underpins the likes of the S-Presso and the WagonR hatchback.
- Under its hood, we can expect to see a 796cc, 3-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol capable of generating 48hp with 69Nm of torque while paired to a 5-speed manual and an AMT.
- The company also plans to introduce a budget-oriented 1.0-litre K-Series petrol engine pushing the initial power to 66hp of power with 90Nm of peak torque.
Next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto | Interior Exterior
- Apart from some minor tweaks both the interior and the exterior will more or less look the same as the previous generation.
- However, we can expect the new alto to feature a touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay only reserved for the top-spec variants.
Next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto | Safety Features
- This might come to you like a piece of shocking news as the all-new 2021 alto will comply with the new safety and crash test norms and will come equipped with ISOFIX child seat anchors, ABS with EBD, dual-front airbags, rear parking sensor and speed alert as standard safety features