This news comes straight from Director – Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India, Zac Hollis, who in a recent tweet has confirmed that the Next-Gen Skoda Octavia will launch in Q1 of 2021.
The new-gen Octavia was scheduled to launch in April, but the launch had to be pushed until next year due to the on-going Coronavirus pandemic.
What will power the now 2021 Skoda Octavia?
- Under the hood, we expect the new-gen Skoda Octavia to offer 2-engine options; 150hp 1.5-litre TSi for the entry-level variant and an exclusive 190hp 2.0-litre TSi petrol engine.
- Both the engines are expected to come paired to a standard 6-speed MT and an optional 7-speed DSG.
- We can also expect an optional AWD reserved for the top-spec variant.
- The 2021 Octavia will be based on Volkswagen’s MQB (Modular Querbaukasten) platform that will give the Octavia more cabin space.
What’s new on the Next-gen Skoda Octavia (feature-wise)?
- The new Skoda is expected to take major styling cues from its elder brother the Skoda Superb.
- It might sport a new set of Matrix LED headlights and will sit on much larger wheelbase than before.
- We can also expect to see a new revised front grille with a revised front and rear bumper.
- Coming to the Inside, the new-gen Skoda Octavia could feature a split-type dashboard console with many separations at every end.
- Other features on the Inside include 10.25-inch virtual cockpit, a 10-inch Columbus touchscreen infotainment system along with built-in eSIM and touch-slider, 4.2-inch HUD (Heads-up Display), 12-speaker Canton sound system, wireless charging pad, three-zone automatic climate control and upto five USB ports.
How SAFE is the all-new Octavia?
The safety package will include:
- 9 Airbags
- 360-degree camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Traffic Sign Recognition System
- Lane Assist
- Hands-on Detect
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist
Rumours also suggest the Indian variant might miss out hands-on detect, traffic jam assist (for obvious reasons) and the emergency assist.
Price & Rivals
- Well, with all the details that we have as of now, we can expect the 2020 Octavia to be priced between ₹17.99 lakh and ₹26.99 lakh ( Ex-showroom).
- The new Octavia will actively rival the likes of the Honda Civic, Honda Accord and the upcoming Hyundai Elantra.