It’s time for the big guns to come and settle the game with the newbies, as Japanese carmaker Nissan has finally revealed that the brand will lift the covers off of the Nissan Magnite on 21st October 2020.
The news was broken via the Nissan’s Instagram handle with a short advertisement which still featured the testing model of the magnite clearly indicating that the production-spec model could look different from the one spied testing or seen in the post.
The Nissan Magnite will be the brand’s second product for the domestic market after the Nissan Kicks compact SUV.
The Magnite is also Nissan’s first product in the sub-compact SUV segment and will share its underpinnings with the Renault Triber and the Renault Kiger, which also happens to be a potential rival.
The Nissan Magnite Nissan expected to be introduced under the ₹6,00,000 bracket to make it stand amongst its rivals.
What powers the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Rival?
- It is expected to pack a 1.0-litre NA petrol engine good enough to generate 68hp.
- However, reports also suggest that there could also be a turbo-petrol variant of the same capacity, generating around 98hp.
- Transmission options could include a 6-speed manual and an optional CVT.
What else does the all-new Kia Sonet rival have on offer?
- As seen in the final teaser before its global unveil. The magnite looks quite similar to the Renault Triber.
- On the front, we see a large hexagonal grille flanked by large intakes, wheel arches and black cladding and what looks like a pair of halogen headlamps.
- Well, If that’s the case then it is time for Nissan to rethink on launching the Magnite.
- The Magnite will have a crossover-like stance with features like a hexagonal grille flanked by large intakes, LED headlamps, L-shaped LED DRLs, wheel arches and black cladding on the outside.
- it also features the same eagle eye tail lamps sourced from the Renault Triber.
- The video also features that the Magnite will have a higher ground clearance compared to its rivals.
- We also expect the upcoming Ford Ecosport rival to get a massive infotainment system with connected features 360-degree parking camera and automatic climate control as standard.
- The Top-end variant might get a sunroof making it the second most affordable small SUV to offer a sunroof after the Kia Sonet.