Volkswagen has got something big on their mind as it recently teased us with an image as well as a short teaser of their new sub-compact coupé crossover named the-Nivus. This Polo sized sub-compact coupé crossover will make its debut in the international markets in the second quarter of 2020.
However, rumour has it that the Volkswagen Nivus could be launched in Brazil as the Nivus has been designed and developed in Brazil.
Suggested Read: Volkswagen T-Roc SUV To Launch At The Auto Expo 2020
- According to leading media reports, the Volkswagen Nivus could feature a 1.0 TSI engine. With a six-speed automatic, it will offer 126 horsepower (94 kilowatts), but the crossover with a six-speed manual will make 114 hp (85 kW). Regardless of powertrain, the Nivus will be front-wheel drive.
- The Volkswagen Nivus will be based out of Volkswagen’s MQB A0 platform as seen on the new-gen Polo that’s on sale internationally for the emerging markets.
- This sub-compact coupé crossover will also feature the same wheelbase of 2,560mm as of the Polo, meaning that till possibly be 90mm shorter than the T-Cross.
- The front’s styling on the Volkswagen Nivus seems to be very similar to other crossovers from Volkswagen by using horizontal slats running between the headlights. The sloping roofline arches help create a coupé-like silhouette.
- It is for sure that Volkswagen will launch the Nivus in brazil and the rest of Europe. However, it still not clear whether the company will launch the Nivus in India or not.