Planning to buy a new IC engine car? maybe it’s time to rethink as the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways has come up with a lucrative offer you cannot miss.
MoRTH has recently issued a notification proposing a vehicle registration fee exemption for electric vehicles. This clearly means that If you own or even planning to buy an electric car, You will not have to pay a registration fee.
This is step is being considered to be of the many steps taken by our government to boost electric vehicle sales in the country.
When will this be implemented?
- As of now, MoRTH has opened the forum for public feedback for 30 days.
- The new rule will be applicable to all categories of electric vehicles- 2-wheelers, 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers.
- As of now the hold of electric vehicles in the Indian automobile sector is not that strong.
- However, with steps like these, it is pretty evident that the government is working its way in to lure as many people towards buying electric vehicles.
- Carmakers like Tata, Hyundai and MG have already have their electric products in the markets- Tata Nexon EV, Hyundai Kona and the MG ZS EV.
- The government also plans upon expanding the charging infrastructure across the country.
- Not only the government, but even carmakers are also focusing on introducing an electric version of their existing models to get a glimpse of the future of electric mobility in India.