Electric vehicles are attracting a lot of attention across the globe in these times. In order to reduce the consummation of fossil fuels, currently, EVs are the best alternative. Now, most of the vehicle manufacturers come with electric vehicles, OLA electric is among the top contenders in the business. As of now, OLA electric is focused on manufacturing electric two-wheelers, but surely not limited to that. The company has recently exclaimed that they will be launching an electric car by 2023 in India.
OLA Electric Company
Currently, OLA electric in India has a couple of products lined up in the pipeline for India. We are now waiting for the two electric scooters, OLA S1 and OLA S1 Pro.
- A couple of months back, OLA electric did open the booking of these scooters and got an ultimate response.
- OLA also exclaimed that they received a whopping 10 Lakh bookings for scooters.
- Following the same track, its chief executive officer Bhavish Aggarwal stated that they’ll be launching an electric car by 2023.
- In addition to that, the company is also aiming to raise about one billion dollars via their IPO.
- Well, in order to keep up with the high demand OLA is considering building India’s biggest and state of the art two-wheeler factory. And they’ll be calling them the Futurefactory.
- According to the information given by CEO Aggarwal, the first phase of the Futurefactory is complete and is undergoing production trials.
OLA S1 and S1 Pro
Considering OLAs product lineup, there are two scooters in their portfolio, OLA S1 and S1 Pro. Further, they plan to ramp up the R&D and will introduce many other electric vehicles, including a car.
- Talking about S1 and S1 Pro, both scooters got a really positive response even before the launch of the production model.
- At the launch, OLA exclaimed competitive prices for both the two-wheelers. S1 will be priced at ₹99,999 and the S1 Pro a little higher at ₹1.29 Lakhs (both ex-showroom).
- Both of the scooters offer tremendous value for money. Under the seat, the scooter packs an 8.5kW motor capable of propelling the scooter from 0-40kmph in about 3 seconds flat.
- Additionally, depending upon the variant, the scooter gets a range of about 121kms and 181kms.
For more information: OLA S1 And S1 Pro Electric Scooters, Variants Explained
So, yes, as per the sources, Ola Electric is planning to launch an electric car by 2023. However, the specification or even the dimension is still unknown. It seems it’s a long wait seeing an electric with an OLA badge running on the India roads.
GoMechanic News: Why Has Delhi Government Withdrawn Subsidy On Electric Cars?
In the comment section, let us know your thoughts about the new upcoming car from OLA electric.