French-born carmaker Renault is all set to launch a new and more powerful version of the brand’s most rugged and dynamic SUV, the Renault Duster with a new 1.3-turbo petrol engine. According to recent media reports, the all-new Renault Duster Turbo petrol will be launched towards the end of August 2020.
However, due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the nationwide lockdown, the brand has still not decided a specific date for the launch.
Renault first showcased the new age Duster Turbo Petrol at the Auto Expo 2020 and since then it was expected that the French carmaker could bring this powerful SUV to India.
How powerful is the new Renault Duster Turbo Petrol?
- Powering the new turbo variant of the Renault duster will be a Nissan Kicks sourced 1.3-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit churning 153 hp with 250 Nm of peak torque.
- The engine will come mated to a standard 6-speed manual gearbox while an additional CVT automatic transmission stays optional.
- Additionally, Renault will also hold on to its existing BS6 compliant 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol mill generating 104hp with 142 Nm of peak torque while paired to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
- However, rumour also has it that the new turbo petrol engine could be reserved for the mid-spec and the top-spec variants only.
Is there any new update on the design front?
- Unfortunately, the Renault Duster Turbo will feature the same layout as of its existing model.
- We could expect a few minor upgrades which include new premium upholstery coupled with red accents to highlight its sporty aura.
- Features such as projector headlamps, tilt-adjustable multifunctional power steering wheel, remote central locking, power windows, illuminated and cooled glovebox, ABS with EBD, speed alert, seat belt reminder and rear parking sensors are expected to be carry forwarded from the current-gen Renault Duster.
- However, the higher-spec variants are expected to have some additional features such as 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, height-adjustable driver’s seat, automatic climate control, electronic stability program, rear wash and wiper, hill start assist and a reverse parking camera to name a few.
What about its expected price and rivals?
- As stated earlier that the new turbo petrol engine could be reserved for the mid and top-spec variants.
- So keeping that in mind we can expect the new Renault Duster turbo to cost around Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It terms of competition the new powerful duster will lock its horns with the Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300.