Today’s breaking news, Renault has, at last, launched its most anticipated subcompact SUV ‘Kiger’ in the country. The new Kiger is a part of the hottest segment in our market. That said, you’ll have to shed a minimum of ₹5.45 Lakhs to get hands-on one.
Renault Kiger and Its Compitition
After Nissan Magnite, Kiger is the second vehicle in this segment to be based on the CMF-A platform.
- Because of this versatile platform, Renault Kiger measures 3,991mm in length, 1,750mm in width and 1,600mm in height.
- This makes the car at power, if not smaller when considering its rivals. Which include Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and more.
- Besides, this car is feature-packed. Over its rivals, it gets
- Two large coloured screens, one for the infotainment systems and the other for the instrument cluster.
- A premium sound system from Arkamys.
- Wireless smartphone connectivity and more.
What powers the new SUV?
The subcompact SUV from the French carmaker, ‘Renault’ gets a couple of petrol engine options. To begin with, both the engines get a displacement of 1.0-litre with a 3 cylinder layout. So, what’s the difference?
- The motor that produces 72ps of max power and 96Nm of peak torque is the one that is naturally aspirated. It comes mated to the two transmissions, a 5-speed manual gearbox and an AMT.
- The more powerful engine produces 100hp of power and generates max torque of 160Nm, all thanks to forced induction (Turbo Charger). This also gets two transmission options, a 5-speed MT and a CVT automatic.
- Additionally, the Renault Kiger gets 3 driving modes, sports, eco and normal.
But nothing has changed, as it’s sibling gets the same powertrain and drivetrain.
Prices in Detail
Renault Kiger Prices (ex-showroom)
|Variants||72hp MT||72hp AMT||100hp MT||100hp CVT|
|RXL||₹6.14 Lakhs||₹6.76 Lakhs||₹7.14 Lakhs||–|
|RXT||₹6.60 Lakhs||₹7.05 Lakhs||₹7.60 Lakhs||₹8.60 Lakhs|
|RXZ||₹7.55 Lakhs||₹8.00 Lakhs||₹8.55 Lakhs||₹9.55 Lakhs|
|Note: The prices are excluding Dual Tone Variant.|
Here is everything about the Renault’s SUV
Also, Read Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite: A Budget SUV Battle?
Interesting: Top 10 Most Googled Questions On The Renault Kiger