Czech automobile manufacturer Skoda had revealed their plans of launching the all-new Skoda Karoq compact SUV sometime soon and within a matter of hours of this news being revealed Skoda announced to launch their new compact SUV on May 26th 2020.
And much recently a few images of have surfaced the Internet of the Skoda Karoq being driven to the authorised dealerships just days before its official launch. As seen in these snaps the Karoq SUV is covered with a protective covering. So without wasting any time let’s see what the Karoq has got in store for us.
Skoda Karoq | Engine Specification
|Engine Displacement||1.0 L||1.5 L||1.6 L||2.0 L|
|Transmission||2WD, Manual/ DSG* Automatic (optional)||2WD, Manual/ DSG* Automatic (optional)||2WD, Manual/ DSG* Automatic (optional)||4WD, Manual/ DSG* Automatic (optional)|
|Gear Selector||Stick (Manual) | Paddle type, Behind Steering wheels (Automatic)||Stick (Manual) | Paddle type, Behind Steering wheels (Automatic)||Stick (Manual) | Paddle type, Behind Steering wheels (Automatic)||Stick (Manual) | Paddle type, Behind Steering wheels (Automatic)|
Skoda Karoq | Dimensions
- The all-new 5-seater SUV will be based on the newly developed MQB platform, which also underpins the likes of the Kodiaq, Superb and the Octavia sedan.
- Coming to the proportions the Koraq will be 4,382mm in length, 1,814 mm in width and 1,605mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,638mm.
- The new 5-seater Skoda Karoq SUV will also hold a ground clearance of 200mm with a massive boot space of 521-litres, which can be extended to almost 1,810-litres by folding the rear seats completely.
Skoda Karoq | Features
- Virtual Cockpit
- LED rear lights
- All-LED headlamps
- Panoramic sunroof
- 9 airbags
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat
- LED ambient light
- Beige leather upholstery
- A 9.02-inch touchscreen infotainment system
Skoda Karoq | Colours
The Karoq SUV is available in 9 colour options, namely:
- Candy White
- Energy Blue
- Steel Grey
- Magic Black Pearlescent
- Emerald Green Metallic
- Moon White Metallic
- Brilliant Silver Metallic
- Quartz Grey Metallic
- Velvet Red Premium
Skoda Karoq | Prices & Rivals
The Karoq is expected to range between ₹18-20 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) and will actively rival the likes of the Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Tucson in the mid-size SUV segment.