After the global unveils, the Czech carmaker is set to launch the new iteration of its premium SUV the Kodiaq. Scouting for details, it was the Sportline variant that was spied undisguised.
What’s changed on the new Skoda Kodiaq?
The basic structure of the new SUV is unchanged but gets subtle updates inside out. TO begin with, the new Kodiaq gets new redesigned all-LED headlights sandwiched between a little bigger black grille.
- At the rear, the basic design team is similar with minor tweaks to the taillights and the rear bumper.
- Stepping on the inside, Skoda Kodiaq offers Skoda’s current theme that gets a 2 spoke steering wheel.
- Additionally, the SUV gets a 9.2-inch infotainment system with wirelessly connected car tech.
- Massaging and heated front seats
- LED ambient lighting
- Premium Canton 10speaker sound system
- 10.25-inch instrument cluster that shows a whole lot of features
- Also, like the previous model, Kodiaq also gets some degree of ADAS features.
What’s under the hood?
Popping the hood open, the new international Skoda Kushaq will be getting the option of a whole lot of petrol and diesel engines. But a thing to note is that the diesel powertrain will not be part of the Kodiaq for India.
- That said, powring this SUV will be a 2.0-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that also does duties in Skoda Superb.
- This engine is healthy enough to produce 190ps of max power and 360Nm of peak torque.
- All the engines will get an option of an automatic transmission with no option of a manual gearbox.
Are There Any Rivals?
Well, to begin with, the price at which the Skoda Kodiaq is expected to be around ₹30-₹40 lakhs. Hence Hyundai Tuscon is the prime rival of this SUV. But not to forget, at this price, Kodiaq has to surpass the likes of Toyota Fortuner, MG Gloster, Ford Endeavour and more.
Additionally, Skoda Kodiaq may come in 2 variants namely, L&K and Sportline.
To more read here: 2021 Skoda Kodiaq SUV: 5 Things You Need To Know