After the global success of SUVs, almost all the cars makers want a piece of this pie, even here in India. Skoda was among the rare carmaker to not have an SUV in the competitive market, until now. Today, Skoda has finally unveiled its most anticipated and awaited compact SUV, Kushaq in the market.
If you are not aware, Skoda Kushaq is made in India SUV for India. Kushaq is based on the MQB AO IN platform that is completely designed from the ground up here in India. After the unveiling, we can say that the Skoda Kushaq looks even more promising.
To begin with, the new Skoda Kushaq is unique in many ways making it one of a kind vehicle.
Is the Skoda Kushaq aesthetically pleasing?
The production-spec Kushaq resembles the Vision IN that was showcased at the AutoExpo last year. And those who did see the prototype know that it looked amazing (looks are subjective though).
Design On the Outside
- The new Skoda Kushaq boasts of an aggressive front nose with an extra-large grille. Though large, it will definitely add the perfect road presence.
- This grille is sandwiched between all Crystalline LED headlights that are specific to this Skoda. Underneath which, sits halogen fog lights and LED DRLs.
- Moving to the side, the Skoda Kushaq offers the best in class wheelbase of 2651mm. This means it will definitely be spacious on the inside.
- Also, the SUV will get massive 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Moving to the back, the Kushaq has all-LED taillights that split into two. Opening the boot, we can witness that it has a decent-sized boot and gets a capacity of 385Litres.
How is the Skoda Kushaq’s interior like?
When stepping on the inside, this Skoda greets you with a ton of features that add a feel-good factor to the vehicle. Here is what it gets on the inside;
- Ambient Lighting
- 10-inch infotainment system
- Skoda Premium sound system with 6 speakers and a subwoofer
- Wireless smartphone connectivity
- Wireless charger
- Cooled glovebox
- Rear AC vents
- Ventilated seat
Also, the company says the car is safe. Speaking of which, the car offers
- Hill hold control
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Disc brakes all around
What Powers the new Skoda Kushaq?
Popping the hood open, we have a couple of TSI motors to choose from.
- A 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine that also does work in the Skoda Rapid. This motor produces 110ps of max power with a peak torque of 175Nm. Like the sedan, the SUV will also get an option of either a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT (Torque Converter) to choose from.
- The other workhorse is 1.5-litre turbo petrol that is healthy enough to produce 150ps of max power and 250Nm of peak torque. This motor also does duty in the Volkswagen T-ROC. Also, the company says this engine will likely be imported. This engine can be opted with either a 6-speed MT or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
What Rivals this SUV?
The Skoda Kushaq is coming in a really competitive segment having big boys like Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and more. Considering the complete package, we can expect the vehicle to be priced somewhere between ₹10 Lakhs to ₹20 Lakhs.
let us know in the comment section, what do you think of the Skoda Kushaq? Has it got what it takes to stand apart in the crowd?