After a really long wait, Skoda has finally spilt the beans over the prices of the new Kushaq. Skoda Kushaq is the most important vehicle for this Czech carmaker as the SUV is made in India primarily for India. That said, the Skoda Kushaq has entered a segment that witnesses a lot of competition. And with aggressive pricing and many features, the vehicle could be the turning point for Skoda in India. Well, talking about the numbers, Skoda Kushaq starts at ₹10,49,999 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Skoda Kushaq Prices
|Active 1.0 TSI MT||₹10,49,999|
|Ambition 1.0 TSI MT||₹12,79,999|
|Style 1.0 TSI MT||₹14,59,999|
|Ambition 1.0 TSI AT
|Style 1.0 TSI AT||₹15,79,999|
|Style 1.5 TSI MT||₹16,19,999|
|Style 1.5 TSI DSG||₹17,59,999|
We did discuss the Skoda Kushaq in detail before, so let’s have a glimpse of what the brand new SUV offers.
What’s under the hood?
Skoda Kushaq gets an option of a couple of turbo petrol engines, 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-litre TSI.
- The 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine generates 115ps of max power and 175Nm of peak torque. And this motor is available with a 6-speed MT and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
- It is the 1.5-litre 4 cylinder motor that is a lot more powerful. Speaking of which, this engine is capable of generating 150ps of max power and 250Nm of peak torque. The power from the engine is transmitted to the front wheels either via a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed DSG automatic.
Along with some standard safety features like Dual Airbags, ESC, ABD and EBD, Kushaq also comes with many other safety gizmos. These include,
- 6 Airbags
- Multi collision braking
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Hill-hold control (in selected trims)
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
The list of features for comfort is really long, but it includes:
- Ventilated front seats
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto
- Multifunctional smart instrument cluster
- Electronic sunroof and more
Prices and Rivals
Skoda is betting on its emperor (Kushaq) to conquer the compact SUV segment in India. But this segment is hotter than ever, with major shares in the hands of the Korean carmaker Hyundai and Kia. The Skoda Kushaq rivals Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan kicks, and more. Verdict? Well, with really aggressive pricing Skoda Kushaq can really get it going for Skoda. But it is Time that’ll decide the fate of the company in India.
Also Read: 2021 Skoda Octavia vs Hyundai Elantra