The most exciting launch of the year is just around the corner. Czech carmaker Skoda is all set to add a new model in its India lineup, The Skoda Kushaq.
The Skoda Kushaq will be the brands first crossover product in the Indian car market and will be launched on June 28th 2021. However, with just days to go from its official launch the variants list of the Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta rival.
What’s under the hood?
- The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the new MQB A0 IN platform which also underpins the Volkswagen Taigun.
- Going by leading media reports we can expect the Kushaq to be offered with two turbo petrol engines.
- 1.0-litre TSI motor, generating 110ps of max power and 175Nm of pure torque and a 1.5-litre TSI engine.
- Both the engine options can also be seen in the current-gen rapid and T-Roc.
The engines will come mated to a standard 6-speed manual transmission and an additional 7-speed DSG.
- According to the leaked document the Kushaq will be offered in 3 variants- Active, Ambition and Style.
- The level Active tri will be offered with only the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine
- The Mid-spec Ambition will also offer the same 1.0-litre turbo motor.
- While the top-spec Style will be offered with both a 1.0-litre turbo and a 1.5-litre TSI engine.
What else can we expect out of the new Skoda Kushaq, in terms of features?
- In a short word Yes! After analysing the Indian market, Skoda has packed its compact SUV to the brim when it comes to features.
- This is one of those times when the car introduced in India is at power with the vehicles sold overseas. This includes a plush dashboard, 2 spoke steering and a long equipment list.
- In addition to that, the top-end variant of the Kushaq will get a 10-inch infotainment system, sunroof, premium sound system, an all-digital instrument cluster ambient lighting, ventilated seats and more.
- Safety features include 6 airbags, a multi-collision braking system, TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system, with just ABS and ESP standard on all variants.
- The new Skoda Kushaq boasts of an aggressive front nose with an extra-large grille. Though large, it will definitely add the perfect road presence.
- This grille is sandwiched between all Crystalline LED headlights that are specific to this Skoda. Underneath which, sits halogen fog lights and LED DRLs.
- Moving to the side, the Skoda Kushaq offers the best in class wheelbase of 2651mm. This means it will definitely be spacious on the inside.
- Also, the SUV will get massive 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Moving to the back, the Kushaq has all-LED taillights that split into two. Opening the boot, we can witness that it has a decent-sized boot and gets a capacity of 385Litres.
What about Prices and Rivals?
- Kushaq sits along with the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Jeep Compass. Also, we can expect the price of the Skoda Kushaq to range anywhere from ₹12 Lakhs to ₹18 Lakhs (ex-showroom).