If you had your eyes set on the Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic, then you won’t have to wait any longer. Skoda Auto India’s Brand Director, Zac Hollis, has confirmed that Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic will be launched in September 2020. Furthermore, he also confirmed that the upcoming model will pack a torque converter gearbox.
The Skoda rapid has been a major breadwinner for the brand in India. So much so that due to high demand Skoda had to temporarily halt the booking of the base-spec 2020 Skoda rapid Rider variant.
Any major changes on the engine front?
- The 2020 Skoda Rapid automatic will come powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, churning 110hp with 175Nm of peak torque.
- The new automatic variant will make use of a conventional 6-speed torque converter automatic, sidelining to the previously rumoured quick-shifting DSG (dual-clutch automatic).
Any other major updates?
- Apart from the mechanical update, the Rapid is expected to remain the same. Have a look at what the 2020 Skoda Rapid has to offer here.
- With its launch, the new Skoda Rapid automatic will continue to rival the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the VW Vento.
Automatic on other variants
- We can also expect the new automatic variant to be offered with the Ambition, Onyx and Monte Carlo variants.
- There could also be a premium in the prices by almost Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 2 lakh.
- Additionally, Skoda is also working upon a replacement for the Rapid series set to launch by 2021.