Adding to the list of concept car showcases, Skoda showcased its concept named the Rapid Matte.
The car gets the name Rapid Matte due to the black finish along with red ORVM to make the perfect colour combo of red and black.
Skoda Rapid Matte| Engine Specifications
Being a concept not a lot of information has been shed on the engine other than the type of it.
- It will have a 1.0 Litre TSI engine, the power and torque are currently not known.
- Six-Speed automatic transmission is expected to be paired with it.
- No diesel engine will be produced.
Being a concept one expects a car to have over the top features and looks however Skoda Rapid Matte is really mild which reflects that the concept is almost close to the production-ready model.
- A full matte black finish with a red paint job on ORVMs, boot lid, trunk spoiler, brake callipers and body side moulding giving it a classy look.
- Tellur Grey theme, new Alcantara seat upholstery with a leather-wrapped steering wheel is the aesthetic look the concept has.
- Climate control and a flat-bottom steering wheel are also present in the Skoda Rapid Matte.
- 17-inch blacked-out alloy wheels added to the classy look of the car.
Skoda Rapid Matte | Safety Features
Not much information has been shared for the safety precautions taken to ensure a safe ride but some things are still known and expected of Skoda.
- Dual front airbags to protect the driver and front passenger.
- ABS and Hill Hold Control to ensure control over the car at every turn and elevation.
The production model will come to India at the end of 2020.