It’s finally here! Zac Hollis, Dir: Sales Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India has confirmed that the Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic will be launched on September 17th 2020 via a virtual conference.
You can book the new Rapid TSI AT via the brand’s official website by paying a token amount of Rs 25,000. You can also book the Rapid AT by visiting the showroom.
Will there be any major change on the mechanical front?
- The 2020 Skoda Rapid automatic will come powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, churning 110hp with 175Nm of peak torque.
- The Rapid automatic will make use of a conventional 6-speed torque converter automatic, sidelining to the previously rumoured quick-shifting DSG (dual-clutch automatic).
Any other major updates?
- The new Rapid will feature some minor upgrades including trunk spoiler, rear diffuser, LED DRLs and clubber alloy wheels.
- You will not see any other upgrades apart from the ones mentioned above.
Variants at the table with the automatic transmission?
- The Rapid AT will come with the Ambition, Onyx, Monte Carlo and Rider Plus variants.
- There could also be a premium in the prices by almost Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 2 lakh.
- Skoda is also working on a replacement for the Rapid series set to launch in 2021.
- It will rival the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Volkswagen Vento.