Czech carmaker Skoda is all set to launch its brand new Rapid replacement, The Skoda Slavia. The all-new mini Skoda superb has been scheduled to launch in March of this year.
With its launch nearing Skoda has begun with the final testing yet another undisguised test mule of the Slavia was spotted testing before its launch in March.
The new Honda City and Verna rival will be offered in 3 trim- Active, Ambition & Style. However, the Active and Ambition variants will be offered with the 1.0-litre TSI, the Style will be offered with the 1.5-litre TSi engine.
Anything new on the mechanical front?
- The new Skoda Rapid replacement is based on Volkswagen’s MQB AO IN platform which also underpins the current-gen Skoda Kushaq and the Volkswagen Taigun.
- It will feature a 1.0L TSI and a 1.5L TSI engine.
- Both the engines generate 115bhp with 178Nm of Torque and 150bhp with 250Nm of torque respectively.
- Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard and an optional 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
What’s new on the feature end?
- Now coming to the feature end, the new Ciaz rival will get a massive 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Other features include ventilated front seats, fully digital instrument cluster, premium audio, premium dual-tone leather seats, armrest setup and many more.
What’s in it for safety?
- In terms of safety, the all-new Rapid replacer will get 6- airbags as standard.
- Other safety and security features include cruise control, multi-collision brake, 360-degree camera, auto headlamps, auto wipers among others.