While many carmakers are gearing up for the next year. Czech carmaker Skoda is all set to add another jewel to its India line-up. this time it’s the miniature version of the Skoda Superb, the Skoda Slavia.
This news was revealed by non-other than the brand’s true identity in India and Skoda’s Head of Sales and Marketing, Zac Hollis who teased the Slavia via a Twitter post. It is said that the new Skoda Slavia will be based on the brand’s India 2.0 scheme.
From the place we come from, to the place we call home.
We are proud to present: the ŠKODA SLAVIA, our all-new premium midsize sedan which once again sets out to define a new era in the Indian market. #SKODASLAVIA #SKODAIndia #SLAVIA#MidSizePremiumSedan #India2.0#Legacy pic.twitter.com/5rvPX0FBwA
— Zac Hollis (@Zac_Hollis_) October 7, 2021
Reports also suggest that it will either replace the Skoda Rapid or will sit above the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz rival.
What will power the new Skoda Rapid?
- This is where the party begins. This sedan from Skoda might come with a couple of fun powertrain and drivetrain options.
- So, the Rapid may get a powerful 1.5-litre Turbo Petrol TSI engine that pushes 150hp of max power and 250Nm of maximum torque.
- Also, it is expected that this engine will come either with a 6 speed MT or a 7 Speed DSG gearbox.
- The other engine is a 1.0-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that also does duties in the current-gen Skoda Rapid.
- This engine is healthy enough to produce 110hp of power and 175 Nm of peak torque. Transferring the power to the front wheels will be an option of a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT (torque converter).
What Does The New Skoda Slavia boast in terms of features?
To dial up the game in India, the carmaker is set to launch multiple products in the Indian market. And after unveiling their first India bound Kushaq, it is clear that the company is not gonna yield anytime soon. Hence, like the Kushaq, we can expect the Rapid to be filled to the brim when it comes to features.
- Speaking of which, after scouting the spy shots, it is clear that the new sedan from Skoda shares the brand’s new two-spoke steering.
- On the features part, we can expect the Skoda Rapid to get a large infotainment system, with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- All-LED headlights, with led fog lights for better visibility.