Škoda India surprised us with a new teaser announcing the arrival of the Octavia RS 245. by the looks of seem that Škoda worked really hard on the new RS245 as compared to the previously launched Škoda Octavia RS which featured a de-tuned engine, the upcoming Škoda RS 245 is a Euro-spec model which will be introduced in India as an SBU (Semi Built Units) and will be limited to 200 units.
Must Read: 2020 Škoda Octavia RS Leaked
Not to Miss: 2020 Škoda Octavia Images Revealed
Leading media sources claim that the new teaser is the first step of a new digital launch campaign planned for the car. However, we can expect Škoda to showcase the RS 245 at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
- The Škoda Octavia RS245 will employ a 2.0-litre TSI engine found in the RS230 as seen on the RS245, Although the engine has been updated to develop a power of 241hp and 370Nm of torque, 14hp and 50Nm more as seen on the RS230.
- all the power is delivered to the front wheels via a 7-speed DSG with a VAQ limited-slip differential ensuring that the power is put effectively on the road.
- These impressive engine specs help the Škoda Octavia RS245 does 0-100kmph in 6.6 seconds, 0.2 seconds faster than its predecessor and with maxing the speed limit at 250kmph.
- The Škoda Octavia RS245 features the same upgrades as of RS230 including massive 19-inch alloy wheels giving this beast of a car an aggressive stance.
- However, a few additional features on the RS245 will include sports seats finished in Alcantara and a flat-bottom steering wheel that will be draped in perforated leather Dollops of red stitching and RS badges will be present to denote its exclusivity. It could also come with a digital instrument display and a bigger infotainment system.
- The new RS245 will cost a lot more than the RS230 for obvious reasons which comes priced at ₹25.12 lakh (ex-showroom pan India).