In 2022, Tata Motors introduced the turbo variant of the brand’s sole premium hatchback, The Tata Altroz. The Altroz i-turbo was India’s second turbo-powered hatchback, with the first being the Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS, Introduced in 2025 but was discontinued due to fewer sales numbers.
Now, Tata is all set to bring in a sportier and more muscular Altroz in the form of the Altroz sports. It is expected that Tata Altroz Sports will make its debut in the upcoming Auto Expo 2023.
- Latest media reports suggest that Altroz Sports will be focused on cosmetic upgrades.
- We can expect a revised bumper, new badges, new alloy wheels, and a spoiler.
- Although, many reposts suggest that it might a more powerful engine. We still think it will continue to feature the 1.2L turbo petrol engine as seen on the Altroz i-TURBO.
- This engine puts out 110Ps with a peak torque of 140Nm.
- Transmission options might include a single 5-speed manual gearbox.
- With its launch scheduled during the third quarter of 2023, it will lock horns with the Hyundai i20 N-line.
- We might as well see the Altroz sports rivalling the Swift Sports if Maruti decides to launch it in India.
- We will see its first glimpse at the upcoming 2023 Auto Expo beside the Tata Punch EV, Curvv and the Avinya Concept SUVs.
- This also indicates that Tata might discontinue the existing Tata Altroz i-Turbo with the launch of its sports variant.