Tata Motors is all ready to unveil the production-ready version of the Tata Altroz in December 2019. The Altroz was showcased as the Tata 45X concept at the 2018 Auto Expo last year and then again as a close-to-production form at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
Tata Altroz | Highlights
- As per reports, Tata will feature the Altroz in three BS6 compliant engine options; the 85hp, 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol producing 85 bhp; a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol with 102hp and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine churning 90 hp.
- All these engines will be putting the power to the front wheels, as the Altroz will be a front-wheel-drive configuration car.
- The Altroz is the first car in Tata’s line-up to feature the ALFA platform (Agile, Light, Flexible and Advanced). The car also follows the Impact 2.0 design philosophy by Tata.
- On the exterior, It will feature LED headlamps with DRLs, 5-spoke alloy wheels, and it is said to meet al the safety requirement as mandated by the regulations for India.
- The Altroz will offer the shortest wheelbase in the hatchback category, which can mean a restricted legroom.
- The Altroz features a very distinct centre console with a floating 7-inch infotainment system. The car will also feature a part-digital console with all-black dashboard and body-coloured AC vents.
Tata was supposed to unveil the Altroz back in August 2019 but got delayed due to BS6 emission compliance issues.
The Tata Altroz is expected to priced in the range of 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs (ex-showroom) and will rival the likes of Hyundai i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and Honda Jazz.
You May Like: Tata Motors Launches “Pro” Edition Cars In India