When it comes to the future of transportation, two and four wheelers to be precise, battery electric vehicles do seem promising. Now, in order to cash the upcoming opportunity, carmakers are putting their kith and kin into researching and developing electric cars. Similarly, the Indian carmaker Tata, who already has an upper hand in the Indian electric vehicle market, has set foot with a new concept of an electric car, the Tata Avinya.
As of now, Tata owns the maximum share in the battery-electric cars in the country. So, the new Tata Avinya is the second electric concept vehicle after the showcasing of the Tata Curvv, Tata is promising to take electric vehicle development to the next level.
The new concept vehicle from the Indian carmaker is said to pack a lot of new stuff. So, let’s dive and have a look at what is the new electric vehicle from Tata like.
Tata Avinya | Unleashing the new mobility
Starting with the name, Avinya, sure is a unique name to give a vehicle. That said, in typical Indian format, the name Avinya has its roots in the Sanskrit language. The word means Innovation and Indeed the car stands true to its name.
- That said, Tata Avinya, is based on the company’s gen 3 architecture. This combines structural rigidity and integrity with the use of lightweight materials. This keeps the unsprung mass low and hence improves the vehicle’s efficiency.
- Commenting on the design, in one word the car does look a little different but mesmerising. Different because the company says the Avinya packs the convenience of a hatchback, versatility of an MPV and the capabilities of an SUV. This lends the vehicle a unique design seen nowhere else as of now. The car has been inspired by a catamaran yacht.
- In the front, the car gets a set of Horizontal long LEDs that start with the Tata logo and stretch across the car length.
- With that, this battery-electric vehicle is expected to get Butterfly doors that aid in better ingress and egress with improved cabin space on the inside.
How is the new Tata Avinya from the inside?
Tata Avinya is said to get a ton of new features to pamper its occupants. To begin with, the interior is expected to be minimal.
- This means the entire car could be operated with just two screens. Unlike the concept vehicle, the car is expected to get two screens, one for infotainment and the other for the instrument cluster.
- Along with that, the car will also be loaded with features including all the driver aids, like lane departure warning, lane keeps assist, and other ADAS features. Also, this battery-electric vehicle will also get a glass roof similar to Tesla’s sky roof to gaze at the stars at night (If they are even visible).
- Another step from Tata in manufacturing this vehicle is that the vehicle cabin will be made from sustainable material.
Powertrain Specifications, Price and Rivals
As of now, the company has not yet revealed the powertrain and the drivetrain options. However, they did exclaim that the car is said to offer a range of about 500kms with a 30min charge.
Tata might launch the Avinya sometime in 2025 and is expected to be priced somewhere around Rs. 20 Lakh (ex-showroom). Meaning this will rival the likes of MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona (If they still exist in 2025)
Interesting Read: Tata Curvv SUV Unveiled in India! To Sit Above Nexon EV
Let us know in the comment section, what do you think of this the future of electric cars. Also, how did you find the new Tata Avinya?