The Tata Buzzard which was already unveiled as a pre-production model at the Geneva Motor Show 2019 has been in the news lately with spy shots suggesting that the SUV could get an automatic version. The Buzzard SUV is basically an extended-chassis Tata Harrier which can seat 7 passengers.
Tata Buzzard SUV | Highlights
- Tata has confirmed that the Buzzard is definitely India-bound and will most probably be launched in the first quarter of 2020.
- The most obvious difference between the Harrier and the Buzzard will be the increased dimensions and a larger footprint. The SUV will be a lot spacious and would get an extra row of seats.
- The Buzzard SUV will be based on the same OMEGA platform as the Harrier. The SUV will be 63mm longer and 80mm taller than the Harrier.
- The Buzzard will get the same 2.0-litre Kryotec turbocharged diesel that does duty on the Harrier. The 2.0-litre diesel produces 140 bhp of power and 350 nm of torque.
- However, the engine would be tweaked to pull additional weight. The power figures for the Tata Buzzard would be 30 bhp more upto 170 bhp. The SUV will also get independent rear suspensions and an optional AWD (all-wheel-drive) system.
- Unlike the Harrier, the Buzzard SUV will be available in two transmission options; a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.
- Design-wise the Tata Buzzard will be the third model to feature the IMPACT 2.0 design philosophy after the Harrier and the upcoming Altroz.
- The Buzzard would be all the same except a brand new rear bumper and tail-lights, boot-lid and rear windscreen.
- To distinguish itself from the Harrier, the Buzzard would be offered in two new exclusive colours.
- The Buzzard won’t be replacing the Hexa and both these models will co-exist.
- The Tata Buzzard would be priced a lakh more than the Harrier and the expected price range for the SUV would fall in the range of ₹12.99 to ₹16.95 lakh (ex-showroom).