Tata Motors has a plans to launch multiple models in the pipeline. One such is the Tata HBX (Hornbill), a sub-4 meter SUV. It has been spotted testing again ahead of its scheduled launch in the upcoming festive season.
The HBX/Hornbill was initially scheduled to launch after the Auto Expo 2020 but due to the on-going Coronavirus pandemic, the plan was dropped indefinitely.
The test mule of the Tata HBX was heavily camouflaged but resembled the prototype model showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. Additionally, Tata has also revealed the production-spec model of the HBX will be 90% similar to its showcased concept.
Tata HBX | Specifications
- The HBX micro SUV will come with an Altroz sourced 1.2-litre Revotron petrol mill.
- The engine generates 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque while paired to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.
- The hornbill is based on the Tata’s ALFA architecture and the Impact 2.0 design inherited from the Tata Altroz and will be positioned under the Tata Nexon.
- The new micro SUV will feature LED DRLs (housed below the headlight setup), LED fog lamps, a tall-riding design and a sleek looking grille on the outside.
- While on the inside, you will get to see some really new features. It includes a massive 8.0-inch infotainment system, new dashboard design and dual-tone upholstery.
- Additional features include ambient lighting, semi-digital instrument cluster and a multi-functional flat-bed steering wheel to name a few.
- You can expect the price to range between Rs 5-7 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be rivalling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the Mahindra KUV100.
Suggested Read: 10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Tata Altroz Over Maruti Baleno!