One of India’s major carmaker Tata Motors has announced to have rolled out its 1000th Tata Nexon EV from its Pune based manufacturing unit. Tata Motors has been able to achieve this milestone in a matter of 6-months since its launch.
The electric avatar of India’s one of the safest SUV has also helped the home-grown carmaker post a market share of 62% in EVs in Q1FY21.
Speaking on the achievement President – Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors Ltd. Shailesh Chandra added a few points about the Tata Nexon EV.
- The acceptance of EVs is growing fast and the rollout of the 1000th Nexon EV in 6-months has been challenging due to Covid-19.
- Being an industry leader in EV’s Tata Motors is dedicated upon innovating and developing comprehensive sustainable mobility solutions to meet global standards.
Tata Motors has also introduced many schemes to make the Tata Nexon EV more accessible to the Indian consumer. Additionally, the brand has also introduced one of its kind subscription model to promote the sale of EV’s.
What does the Tata Nexon EV offers?
|Motor||3-phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
|Battery||30.2 kWh lithium-ion|
The made-in-India electric SUV is based on Tata’s revolutionary Ziptron Technology. The battery can be charged from 0 to 80% in just less than 60 mins.
The feature-loaded EV
- Automatic Climate control
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 16.0-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Automatic headlamps
- powered sunroof
- Leatherette seats
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
- Camera-based reverse parking assist
- Fog lamps with covering ability
- wearable key
- Keyless entry
- Push-button start
India’s most affordable EV is also BIG on safety. It offers
- Dual airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Cornering stability control
- Hill ascent and descent control
- Liquid-cooled IP67 battery pack
- Isofix anchorage