Indian carmaker Tata has finally started delivering the most affordable electric SUV in India, Nexon EV. Tata Nexon was launched at the start of this year and is priced 13.99 lakhs INR which goes up to 15.99 Lakhs INR depending on the variant.
Tata Nexon EV | Drivetrain
- The SUV comes with a 3-phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor.
- Tata Nexon EV outputs a power of 130.7hp alongside 245Nm torque.
- It has a certified range of 312 Kms which is quite good for a car this range.
- The battery provided is a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion.
- In terms of speed, the SUV can go from 0-100km/h in 9.9 seconds.
- With fast charging capabilities, the battery can go from 0 to 80% in 60 minutes.
Tata Nexon EV| Interior/ Exterior
- Projector headlamps with DRL, Front Fog Lamps, Auto headlamps with ambient and tunnel detection.
- “Follow me Home” headlight that stays on for a brief amount of time to allow drivers to safely navigate at night after leaving the vehicle.
- 16″ Diamond-cut alloy wheels.
- ConnectNext Infotainment system by Harman that supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- Steering Mounted Audio, Phone & Voice Controls to ensure the driver has control of the infotainment system without moving hands from the steering wheel.
Popular Read: A Comprehensive Guide To Dashboard Warning Lights
Tata Nexon EV | Safety Features
Tata makes cars that are one of the few Indian made cars to get 5-star ratings from Global NCAP so you can be free of worry when you drive in their cars.
- ABS with EBD for perfect car control during braking
- Corner Stability Control
- Reinforced body structure to protect during accidents
- Dual airbags
- Liquid-cooled IP67 battery pack to prevent overheating
- Isofix anchorage
Being the most affordable car and with a plethora of features makes Tata Nexon EV a must pick for anyone considering to get an SUV.
Suggested Read: BNVSAP and Why India Needs Its Own Crash Test Safety Standard2