Tata Motors has finally revealed the Tata Nexon EV MAX; which is the long-range version of the standard Nexon EV. The Tata Nexon EV MAX stands apart from the standard Nexon EV with a larger battery pack (40.5 kWh lithium-ion phosphate battery) without affecting the cabin space along with a beefed-up suspension setup and a few structural enhancements to the chassis (to handle the added weight). A few more changes have been made to Nexon EV Max to reduce body friction and improve aerodynamics.
Tata Nexon EV MAX Powertrain
- The Tata Nexon EV Max now has a bigger 40.5 kWh lithium-ion phosphate battery with an extended range of 437kms on a full charge (as per the ARAI).
- The Nexon EV MAX is now compatible with a DC fast-charger powering at 50kW, which can charge the EV from 0% to 80% in just 56 minutes.
- The Nexon EV Max can also utilise an optional 7.2 kW AC charger (0% to 100% in 6.5. A standard 3.3 kW home wall charger is also available.
- The bigger motor on the Nexon EV MAX can now produce 143PS and 250Nm with a 0 to 100 kmph time of 9s and a top speed of 140kmph.
Tata Nexon Variant-Wise Features
The Tata Nexon EV MAX is available in 4 variants:
- Nexon EV MAX ZX+
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ (with a 7.2kW Fast AC Charger)
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux (with a 7.2kW Fast AC Charger)
Tata Nexon EV MAX XZ+ (3.3kW & 7.2kW) Features
Price: ₹17.74 Lakh & ₹18.24 Lakh (ex-showroom)
Features: All four disc brakes, 4-Regeneration modes, ESP, Electronic Parking Brake (with auto-hold), Drive modes, Wireless charging, Jewelled Gear Selector with Park mode, Cruise control, Automatic Climate Control, Semi-Digital instrumentation, 7-inch touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, All-Around LED lighting.
Tata Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux (3.3kW & 7.2kW) Features
Price: ₹18.74 Lakh & ₹19.24 Lakh (ex-showroom)
Features: All the features on the EV MAX+ along with an Electric sunroof, Leatherette, Front ventilated seats with cooling, Makarana Beige interior, Auto-Dimming inside mirror (IRVM) and an Air purifier.