The Tata Nexon has yet again made news for topping the charts for the safest car in India. The Global NCAP has been testing India cars for the past 5 years between 2014 to 2015, with some cars being repeatedly tested for crash test durability. The Tata Nexon has scored an astonishing 5-star safety rating in the tests.
See the latest results for the Global NCAP crash safety test 2019
The Tata Nexon Is The Safest Car In India
- The Tata Nexon is the only Indian car to score a 5-star crash test safety rating by Global NCAP.
- The 5-star were awarded to Tata Nexon produced after December 7, 2018. Interestingly, the second spot was also claimed by a previous model of the Nexon SUV.
- Another Indian homegrown brand Mahindra also bagged the 4-star rating with its Innova -rivalling Mahindra Marazzo. The Marazzo is the only MPV on the Global NCAP list to score a 4-star in crash test safety.
- Both the Tata Nexon and the Mahindra Marazzo are one of the safest cars in their respective category, yet in terms of sales, these cars rank very low. Goes to show that Indian car buyers have set their priorities right.
- The Toyota Etios, Tata Zest, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Volkswagen Polo also scores 4-stars in Global NCAP crash test safety tests.
- In a recent event of tests in 2019, the Global NCAP tested 4 best-selling Indian cars for crash test safety. These cars were the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Hyundai Santro, Maruti Suzuki WagonR and the Datsun RediGo.
- In the test, the Ertiga score a 3-star, the Santro and the WagonR scored a measly 2-stars while the RediGo scored an appalling 1-star.