Well, it seems that our very own homegrown carmaker Tata Motors has done it again. Seeing the ever-growing competition Tata Motors has added another variant to one of India’s most affordable SUV, the Tata Nexon.
Tata has launched the Tata Nexon XM (S) at an intro price of ₹ 8.36 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi). the newly added variant offers more high-end features at a more affordable price.
The petrol and diesel Manual Transmission versions are priced at ₹ 8.36 lakh and ₹ 9.70 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi). While the AMT versions for both come in at ₹8.96 lakh and ₹10.36 lakh respectively (Ex-showroom, Delhi).
Is there any update on the Mechanical front as well?
- The Tata Nexon XM(S) packs 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre turbo diesel motor.
- These engines generate 118hp with 170Nm of peak torque and 108bhp and 260Nm respectively.
- Transmission options on both engines include a standard 6-speed manual and an AMT unit.
Are there any other major updates (feature-wise)?
- The basic feature list on the Tata Nexon XM(S) is quite similar to the base-level XM variant.
- However, it does feature some additional upgrades including electric sunroof, making it the most affordable Nexon SUV with electronic sunroof, automatic projector headlamps and Harman-sourced ConnectNext infotainment system.
- It also features rain-sensing wipers, multi-functional steering wheel and multi-drive modes – Eco, City and Sport.
- The safety package includes ABS with EBD, Hill Hold Control, ESP (Electronic Stability Program), dual front airbags and reverse parking sensors.
- Interestingly, Tata is also offering alloy wheels as an additional accessory on the Nexon XM(S) variant.
What about its Rivals?
- With an additional variant, the Tata Nexon continues to rival the likes of the Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300.
- It will also lock its horns with the upcoming Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Renault Kiger.