Indian carmaker Tata has recently added another badass product to its existing India line-up, the Tata PUNCH. With its launch, Tata’s latest entry in the micro-SUV segment will rival the likes of the segment leaders i.e- Renault Kwid, Datsun Redigo, and the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
The all-new Tata PUNCH has been launched with a starting price of Rs 5.49 lakh (ex-showroom) and will be offered in 4 variants PURE, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative. With the Tata PUNCH being highly overpriced it also locks its horns with the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Kia Sonet, and the Hyundai Venue.
What’s on the mechanical front?
- The newly launched micro SUV gets a 1.2-litre, naturally aspirated motor, capable of generating 84bhp with a peak torque of 113Nm.
- Paired to this engine comes a 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
- It is said that the generic 1.2-litre NA will offer a company-claimed fuel efficiency of 18.97kmpl and 18.82kmpl, respectively.
What’s on the feature end?
- Apart from the basic amenities, the Tata PUNCH does feature some best in segment features like split LED headlamps, dual-tone alloy wheels, roof rails, 7.0-inch infotainment system with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Additional features include auto climate control, Cruise control, 2 drive modes (City and Eco), and a Push Start/Stop button.
- On the safety front, The Tata Punch scored 5-stars in the global NCAP crash test.
- The Safety list includes dual front airbags, a functional rear parking camera, ABS & EBD with brake sway control & corner brake control. It is also fitted with a rear wiper & defogger with ISOFIX child seat mounts.