Heard of the Tata PUNCH yet? Well, it is the upcoming safest and feature-loaded micro SUV from the Indian carmaker. The very recently revealed urban SUV from Tata is all set to take on its rivals, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Renault Kwid and the Datsun RediGo.
Tata has already claimed that the soon to launch PUNCH will be the safest car in its segment and now Tata has revealed that the PUNCH urban SUV will also come packed with some segment-first features which will for sure give the brand more advantage over its rivals.
What are the new features?
- So going by the teaser, the Tata PUNCH is bound to get 3 drive modes – Sport, City and Eco.
- The Eco mode on the PUNCH gets adjusted throttle response for better fuel efficiency.
- While the Sports mode is set to offer an overwhelming driving performance and throttle response.
- The ‘City’ mode can be referred to as the best of both worlds modes as it will offer good fuel efficiency accompanied with performance.
- Safety features on the PUNCH include rear parking sensors and camera, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, seat belt reminder, hill descent control and hill start assist.
- Additional features on the safety list include traction models- Rock, Mud, Sand and Snow, Although this hasn’t been confirmed yet, but looking at the existing list, these features could be part of the safety feature list
What’s under the hood?
- The Punch micro SUV will come with an Altroz sourced 1.2-litre Revotron petrol mill.
- The engine generates 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque while paired to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.
- The is based on Tata’s ALFA architecture and the Impact 2.0 design inherited from the Tata Altroz and will be positioned under the Tata Nexon.
- With its launch, the Tata Punch/Hornbill will lock its horn with the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the Renault Kwid.