Tata Motors is all set to take hold of the Indian automobile sector this festive season as spy shots of the soon to launch 2021 Tata Tiago CNG has been spied testing on Indian roads.
It has been quite long, since Tata has been eyeing upon launching its own stock CNG line-up to rival the likes of the CNG king, Maruti Suzuki, who has dominated the segment for the past decade.
And with the ever-rising petrol price, this seems to just the right opportunity for Tata to make a successful comeback.
Will there be any change in the power specification?
- Under its hood, it will feature the same 1.2 -litre NA petrol engine
- This engine usually churns out 85 bhp and 113 Nm of peak torque, but with a stock CNG kit you can expect it to produce less power.
- Its usual transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT gearbox.
- However, the CNG variant is expected to be offered with manual transmission only.
Any changes on the feature end?
- Well, as of now there has been no confirmation on whether the brand will revamp its CNG line-up.
- However, looking at the spy shots we can clearly make out that the new Tiago CNG will get no updates on the outside or the inside.
- Talking about features the current-gen Tiago gets Harman Kardon sound setup, digital instrument cluster, 7.0-inch infotainment system, 4 airbags, ABS with EBD, auto-folding ORVMs, follow me home headlamps etc.
What about rivals?
- With its launch, it will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R S-CNG and the Hyundai Santro CNG.