Another proud moment for India’s biggest carmakers, Tata Motors, as the brand’s latest product, The 2021 Tata Tigor EV, has scored 4 stars in the Global NCAP safety test.
The new sub-compact EV has now joined India’s Safest car line-up. The newly electrified EV has now joined its IC cousin in terms of safety. According to Global NCAP the 2021 Tigor EV is the 8th Tata car in an overall list of 44 cars being tested under the ‘Safer Cars for India’ initiative.
- During the test, the facelifted EV was able to score 12 points out of the maximum 17 in the adult occupants safety.
- In child safety, it scored 37.24 out of 49
- The Global NCAP also found the head and chest safety for both adults and child passengers to be ‘Good‘ and ‘Adequate‘.
- However, the bodyshell and footwell of the Tigor EV were rated ‘UNSTABLE‘.
“Tata has shown consistent safety improvements throughout its fleet range. The Tigor demonstrates that improvements are also possible with EV models, which can pose a technical challenge because of the electric powertrain system. Tata should be recognised and applauded for this commitment to improving their vehicles in response to Global NCAP’s call to democratise vehicle safety.”
David Ward, President of the Towards Zero Foundation said,
Crash Test Observations
|Head Safety (Driver)||Good|
|Head Safety (Passenger)||Adequate|
|Neck Safety (Both)||Good|
|Knee Safety (Both)||Unstable|
What powers the new 2021 Tata Tigor EV?
As seen on the Tata Nexon the new Tigor EV uses the same advanced Ziptron powered 300V+ architecture and uses a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor that produces 75hp and 170Nm of peak torque on the Tigor EV. This allows it to go from 0 to 50kph in 5.7 seconds.
- The brand also offers an IP67 rating 26kW lithium-ion battery pack. powered by the new Ziptron tech.
- With a DC fast charger the Tigor EV charges from 0-80% in less than 60 minutes.
- While the same can be achieved via regular AC charger in under 9 hours.
- The brand is also offering an 8 years/ 1,60,000km battery and motor warranty.