It’s time for big guns to enter the Indian automobile sector. Still thinking about who are we referring to. It’s the American electric carmaker Tesla. Who has finally decided to make its debut in India?
With that said, Tesla has also started testing its India line which consists of the Tesla Model 3 compact sedan. A test mule of Indian-spec Model 3 was spotted gracing the roads of Pune.
It is also being reported that the test mule was a dual-motor variant (Looking at the rear- profile) and the placement of the Tesla Badge.
What will power the Indian-Spec Model 3?
- The standard American version offers 4-battery options- 54kWh, 62kWh, 75kWh, and 82kWh.
- The Model 3 can accelerate from 0-100kmph in just a little over 3 secs.
- It is expected that the Indian-Spec Model 3 will be manufactured at the brand’s China facility.
- The Indian spec will make it’s via the CBU or CKD (Completely Built Unit or a Complete Knocked-Down) route.
What’s on the feature end?
- Apart from being a right-hand drive car, the Indian spec will boast some unique and first in segment feature.
- However, it will retain some of the features from its American cousin including its massive centre console, premium stain-proof leather seats, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED matrix head and taillamp setup etc.
- Although, it will be a treat to see if Tesla introduces its Autopilot feature in the Indian spec Model 3.