The then English and now Chinese carmaker Marris Garages Introduced its first product the MG Hector for the Indian audience sometime in 2019 and was able to attract many with its unique specs and affordable prices. With that said it seems that MG is looking for something more and this time they surely have something special in store for us.
MG is all set to launch its second product in India the MG ZS EV which was unveiled by the company in December 2019 and we must say the MG ZS EV to turned out to be a showstopper. The bookings for the ZS EV commenced on 21st December 2019 across Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad and to our surprise, the MG ZS EV has been able to bag over 2,000 bookings in less than a month.
The MG ZS EV has also been able to grab an impressive 5-stars at the Euro NCAP crash tests. Well, If you are planning to buy one for yourself, Let’s have a look at all the Important details which will surely help you.
MG ZS EV | Price and Rivals
- With its launch, we can surely expect the ZS EV to hover around a range of Rs. 20 lakhs (ex-showroom). The new ZS electric will surely give a tough competition to the likes of the Hyundai Kona electric and the Tata Nexon EV.
MG ZS EV | Powertrain
- The all-new ZS EV will come equipped with a 3-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor capable of generating a maximum power output of 140.80 hp with 353 Nm of peak torque. the motor comes matted to an automatic transmission with 3 driving modes on the block.
- The motor on the ZS EV comes powered to a 44.5 kWh water-cooled lithium-ion battery and can be recharged using any 15 AMP socket. It can take anywhere around 6-8 hours to charge from 0-80 per cent with an AC fast charger while the DC super-fast charger will do the same in a matter of 50 minutes.
- The ZS Electric holds an average range of 340 km on a single charge and can accelerate upto 0-100kmph in a matter of 8.5 seconds, with a maximum speed clocked to 140kmph.
MG ZS EV | Interiors & Exteriors
- As far as the features are concerned, the MG EV gets an all-chrome grille with a glowing logo. The LED DRL’s and the projector headlamps gives it a sportier look. Additional features on the car include a rear spoiler, 17-inch machined alloy wheels and silver finish roof rails.
- On the inside, this subcompact menace boasts a 20.32 cm touchscreen infotainment system, an 8.9 cm multi-information display, 6-way power-adjustable driver seat, multifunctional steering wheel, dual-panel panoramic sunroof and a built-in air purifier.
MG ZS EV | Warranty and Variants
- MG has brought in special e-shield warranty plan for the ZS electric vehicle. Want to know more about the e-shield warranty plan Click Here.
- The MG EV will be offered in 2-trims namely Excite and Exclusive variants.
MG ZS EV | Safety Features
- The safety features on the MG EV include ABS with EBD and brake assist, six airbags (dual front, side, curtain), heated ORVM, seat belt reminders, tyre pressure monitoring system, hill start assist along with hill descent assist and electronic stability control.
Book Your’s Here