Japanese carmaker Toyota is all set to reveal its latest offering for the domestic market, the Toyota Urban Cruiser which is also the brand’s first model in the compact SUV segment.
The Urban Cruiser is also the second product under the Toyota-Suzuki joint venture and is a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The first model under this joint venture was the Toyota Glanza which is a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Now, Toyota has officially revealed that the bookings for the Urban Cruiser will begin from August 22nd, 2020. The Urban Cruiser can be booked via Toyota’s official website by paying a token amount of Rs 11,000.
Moreover, a leaked internal document has also surfaced the internet revealing important details regarding the launch of the Urban Cruiser.
What does the leaked document contain?
- The leaked document clearly states that the reveal and the bookings will take place on 22nd Aug.
- The Urban Cruiser will launch on the 22nd September 2020, a month after the official reveal.
- The prices and variants will be revealed on the same day as well.
How will the Toyota Urban Cruiser be any different from the Vitara Brezza?
- Unlike the Glanza which is an exact copy of the Baleno, the Urban Cruiser will feature some major upgrades.
- These upgrades include a new set of front and rear bumpers, chrome grille, new LED headlights on both the front and rear.
- Additional features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, auto climate control, rain-sensing wipers, new premium leather upholstery and a dual-tone theme.
What’s on the Mechanical front?
- The Urban Cruiser will come powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine found on the Vitara Brezza.
- The engine produces 105hp with 138 Nm of peak torque.
- The engine will come with a standard 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
- The Urban Cruiser will also feature Suzuki’s mild-hybrid tech which will offer better fuel economy.
What about its Rivals?
- The Urban Cruiser will rival the Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Mahindra XUV300 and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
- The Urban Cruiser will also rival with the upcoming Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger scheduled to launch around the same time.
- All-in-all we can expect the Urban Cruiser to be a better version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.