Japanese carmaker Toyota is all set to roll out its first sub-compact SUV; the Toyota Urban Cruiser in the coming months. The Urban Cruiser will be the second product under the Toyota-Suzuki joint venture and is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The first product under this joint venture was the Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno launched back in June 2019. Now according to a report published by CarDekho Toyota is expected to commence the bookings of the Urban Cruiser sometime in mid-August before its launch during the upcoming festive season.
How will the Toyota Urban Cruiser be any different from the Vitara Brezza?
- The Urban Cruiser will be manufactured at the same production facility. And unlike the Glanza which is an exact copy of the Baleno, the Urban Cruiser will feature some major upgrades.
- These Upgrades include a new set of front and rear bumpers, chrome grille, new LED headlights on both the front and rear.
- Additional features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, auto climate control, rain-sensing wipers, Toyota badging, new premium leather upholstery and a dual-tone theme.
- The Urban Cruiser will come powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine found on the Vitara Brezza.
- The engine produces 105hp with 138 Nm of peak torque while paired to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional 4-speed automatic gearbox.
- The Urban Cruiser will also feature Suzuki’s mild-hybrid tech which will offer better fuel economy.
- With its launch scheduled during the festive season, the new sub-4 meter SUV from Toyota will rival the likes of the Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport and Mahindra XUV300.
- The Urban Cruiser will also lock its horns with the upcoming Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger scheduled to launch around the same time.
- All-in-all we can expect the Urban Cruiser to be a better version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Read more about the Toyota Urban Cruiser HERE