The only challenger to the Mercedes Benz V Class in India is the Toyota Vellfire. The Vellfire is all set to launch this month which much fanfare. The MPV has already gained good traction amongst the Indian demographic. Toyota has officially started taking bookings for the Vellfire MPV with 20 units already on its way.
Unveiled! Toyota Raize Compact SUV
Toyota Commences Bookings For The Vellfire | Highlights
- The Toyota Vellfire will be arriving in India via the CBU (completely built-up unit) route and has already reached some dealerships across India.
- Toyota is taking advantage of the government’s decision to relax the homologation rules for imported vehicles which will allow 2,500 units of the MPV without homologation.
- Bookings for the Toyota Vellfire has started with a token amount of ₹5,00,000.
- Powering the Toyota Vellfire is a Lexus NX300-sourced 2.5-litre petrol-hybrid engine which churns out 197 hp and 210 Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 7-speed e-CVT (continuously variable transmission).
You May Like: Toyota Working On CNG Cars?
- The India-bound Vellfire MPV will be the 6-seater variant will all the bells and whistles packed in.
- The feature list includes; electrically adjustable, ventilated and reclining second-row seats, powered sliding doors and tailgate, multiple zone climate control, ambient mood lighting, dual sunroofs, individual tray tables for the rear passengers, and 7 airbags.
- The Vellfire MPV will be launched in this month and will command an estimated price of Rs. 80 lakh.
- The Vellfire MPV compete with its one and only rival in India; The Mercedes Benz V Class that ranges from Rs. 68.4 lakhs to 1.01 crores (ex-showroom).