The Japanese automobile maker Toyota will be launching its luxury Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV), the Vellfire. It will be rivalling the Mercedes V-class range in terms of price in the segment. Other MPVs such has Kia Carnival and the upcoming MG G10 are not even close in terms of cost. Let’s have a look at what the MPV has to offer.
Toyota Vellfire | Engine Specifications
|Power||150hp(With Engine only) and 197hp (combined)|
- The Vellfire comes with a petrol-hybrid engine.
- The same powertrain can be seen to power the Lexus NX 300h SUV which is already on sale in India.
- The Vellfire will only have one fully loaded variant.
Toyota Luxury MPV | Features
- Toyota Vellfire will only be offered in one option: Executive Lounge.
- The middle row will get captain chairs which will be powered, ventilated and reclinable.
- The MPV will also get sliding doors and tailgate.
- Two sunroofs, automatic climate control, mood lighting and individual tray tables are some other features Vellfire will come loaded with.
- There will be an option to choose between black or beige interior upholstery.
- The luxury MPV will come with 7 airbags, ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, Vehicle stability control program, Crash sensor, and many other safety features.
Price and Rivals
The MPV will be coming to India as a Completely Built-up(CBU) Unit thus the company will be allowed to import 2500 units of it in a year. The Toyota Vellfire will cost around ₹85lakh to ₹90lakh (expected). It will only have one rival in the current market: Mercedes Benz V-class which is currently priced between ₹68.40 lakh to ₹1.46 crore. Other MPVs in India are the Kia Carnival, Toyota Innova Crysta and the Upcoming MG G10. What’s your take on the Toyota luxury? Let us know in the comments.1