Japanese carmaker Toyota has recently teased images of the all-new limited edition Toyota Yaris Black. The images have been teased on the brand’s Instagram handle as well on their official website.
The main thing which makes the new Yaris different from its predecessor is its all-black theme which gives it a sportier and aggressive look.
Any changes on the mechanical front?
- It will come packed with the same 1.5-litre petrol engine, churning 105 hp at 6000 rpm with 140 Nm of peak torque at 4200 rpm.
- Transmission options will include a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 7-speed CVT gearbox.
What else is NEW on the Toyota Yaris Black (feature-wise)?
- In terms of styling, the new sportier Yaris Black-Edition will feature chrome garnish on the headlamps and taillamps.
- It will also feature door edge lighting on the inside adding additional points to its interior.
- Apart from these additional features, everything is likely to remain the same including steering mounted controls, roof-mounted air vents with ambient illumination, infotainment system with gesture control and navigation.
- The standard safety package includes 7 airbags, TPMS, vehicle stability control and reverse camera.
When will it launch?
- As of now, Toyota has not revealed the launch date. However, we can expect the brand to launch the all-new and aggressive Yaris Black in the upcoming festive season.
What about its price and Rivals?
- Toyota is yet to reveal the official prices of the limited edition Toyota Yaris Black.
- However, we do expect a minor price hike over the variants it will be based upon.
- The new Yaris black will continue to rival Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.