Hyundai is all set to reveal BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine-powered facelifted Verna, becoming the first Hyundai to get BS6. Hyundai announced that it will be upgrading its current models to BS6 and also keeping the diesel line-up alive.
Get a New Aura! The Hyundai Aura Compact Sedan is Here!
- The BS6-compliant gasoline engine will provide 115bhp of power and a 144Nm of torque. It can be paired with 6-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
- The current BS4 Hyundai Verna is powered by two engine options 1.4 and 1.6-litre petrol engines that deliver 100bhp and 123bhp respectively. The BS6-compliant Hyundai Verna can be expected to get a 1.5-litre diesel engine that also powers Kia Seltos.
Well Begun Is Half Done! Kia Seltos sells over 14,000 units!
- The BS6 Hyundai Verna diesel can be expected for launch near April 2020, when the stringent BS6 emission norms will be effective. In the China market, the car has been launched with a 1.4-litre petrol engine which churns out 99.6.
- As per the interior is concerned, the cabin of the facelifted Hyundai Verna can be expected to be more upmarket as the quality of the material is said to have improved. Safety features can also be expected to upgrade as more and more cars in India are being offered with plenty of standard safety equipment.
- The present Hyundai Verna is already a success in the segment if the design and feature department is concerned. The facelift BS6 Hyundai Verna can only have more to offer, and that’s for sure.
- The BS6 facelift will rival against Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Yaris, Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid in the Indian market. The Volkswagen Vento is also expected to receive an upgrade from BS4 to BS6. The facelifted Hyundai Verna will have tough competition from its segment likes.
Suggested Read: Hyundai & Kia To VRevolutionise Vehicle Development