The German carmaker Volkswagen is set to launch its first compact SUV, Taigun in the Indian market. Now, with the launch closing in, the company has exclaimed that the booking for the Volkwagen Taigun will begin somewhere in mid-august. Also, as per the information the Taigun is likely to be launched in September.
Moving on, the Volkswagen Taigun is a crucial part of Volkswagen’s India 2.0 scheme. Under which Volkswagen and Skoda are researching and manufacturing cars here in India for India.
2021 Volkswagen Taigun: Aesthetics
First showcased in the 2020 Auto Expo, Volkswagen Taigun sure is a head-turner. If you are now aware, Volkswagen and Skoda are in this together (as always) to produce two new SUVs. Well, the Taigun and Kushaq share the same platform that is designed in India. Because of this, we can expect both SUVs to have similar dimensions.
- Keeping that aside, as per the images we know that the Taigun looks a little less aggressive when comparing it with its brother.
- Staring the vehicle from the front, the Taigun gets a smaller grille but a bigger cutout lower down in the bumper for the intercooler.
- This cladding extends towards the sides and houses the foglights with chrome accents.
- On to the side, like the Kushaq, Taigun may also get 17-inch alloy wheels in upper variants.
- Ground clearance? Kushaq sits 188mm above the ground, the same can be expected with Taigun.
- All in all, like the Kushaq Taigun, will definitely impress in terms of the space on the inside.
What powers the new Volkswagen Taigun
A diesel engine is nowhere to be seen on Volkswagens portfolio in India. Hence, the VW Taigun will be getting an option of a couple of petrol engines.
- Not just ordinary petrol engines, but turbo petrol engines (TSI- Turbocharged Stratified Injected).
- A 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-litre TSI engine motors will be there to excite the person behind the wheel. These engines produce 110ps and 150ps of max power with 175Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively.
- Both of the engines will have options of a manual and an automatic transmission. But the most thrilling one has to be the 7-speed DSG that will be coming with the more powerful engine.
The Volkswagen Taigun Rivals…
Volkswagen is pitching the Taigun with the big daddies of the compact SUV segment, Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos. But besides, this vehicle will also rival the likes of Nissan Kicks, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and more.
We can expect the price to range from ₹11 Lakhs to ₹20 Lakhs.
Let us know in the comment section what do you expect from the SUV from Volkswagen. Will it get the customers flocking in the company’s showroom?