Volkswagen is going to launch four new SUVs in India with the second being Volkswagen Taigun. Developed on the MQB AO IN platform it will rival the likes of Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta.
Volkswagen Taigun | Engine Specifications
- The SUV will only be offered in BS6 petrol variants.
- The first engine option is a 1.0 L turbocharged cylinder which outputs 115bhp and 200Nm torque.
- This is the same engine as the one powering Volkswagen Polo and Vento but will provide more power.
- It will be paired with a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
- The second engine is a 1.5L Turbocharged Stratified Engine (TSI) which is currently in Volkswagen T-ROC.
- This engine generates 148bhp and 250Nm torque.
- Transmission options include a seven-speed automatic transmission.
Volkswagen Taigun| Interior/Exterior
- Projector headlamps, LED DRL’s and LED foglamps similar to the T-ROC.
- LED brake light goes through the entire back body.
- Interior gets a play on colours with body paint and some light colours.
- Media control on the steering wheel with a digital instrument cluster.
- Touch screen infotainment system with Andriod Auto and Apple Car Play.
- Automatic climate control along with a fast-charging port.
- The SUV also gets enough legroom even though it looks a bit cramped if viewed from outside.
The 1.5L engine is powerful than what Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta provide. Both Seltos and Creta generate 138bhp being a total of 10 less horsepower than what the Taigun can produce. Volkswagen Taigun will also be more fuel-efficient as it employs the use of deactivation technology allowing it to shut down two cylinders according to the load on the engine. After its launch, the Taigun will be the most powerful SUV in the arena.
Suggested Read: 10 Forgotten Hyundai Cars In India | From Getz To Sonata0