2021 is indeed the year of SUVs. Numerous car manufacturers in the Indian market are coming up with new SUVs for the customers. The latest vehicle to be unveiled was the Skoda Kushaq. After it’s global unveil yesterday we can say Volkswagen will also be on the right foot with their Taigun.
The German carmaker Volkswagen will be launching their made in India compact SUV on the first of 2021. By made in India we mean, the Taigun is designed and will be manufactured here in India itself.
Apart from the typical Volkswagen built quality and driving dynamics, the new Taigun will definitely be a bright contender.
What’s there on the inside?
Following this carmaker, we can say that the interior of the Taigun will be subtle with no fancy elements.
- After scouting for details we can anticipate the new SUV from Volkswagen will get a 10-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Additionally, there may be a premium sound system with 6 speakers and a subwoofer.
- The driver too will look at a small screen for details, just like the T-Roc.
Here is what the new Taigun may boast of;
- Ventilated Seats
- Cooled Glovebox
- Rear AC Vents and More
Design On the Outside?
If you are now aware, Volkswagen and Skoda are working together (as always) to produce two new SUVs. Well, the Taigun and Kushaq share the same platform that is designed in India. Because of this, we can expect both SUVs to have similar dimensions.
- Keeping that aside, as per the leaked images we know that the Taigun looks a little less aggressive when comparing it with its brother.
- Staring the vehicle from the front, the Taigun gets a smaller grille but a bigger cutout lower down in the bumper for the intercooler.
- This cladding extends towards the sides and houses the foglights with chrome accents.
- On to the side, like the Kushaq, Taigun may also get 17-inch alloy wheels in upper variants.
- Ground clearance? Kushaq sits 188mm above the ground, the same can be expected with Taigun.
- All in all, like the Kushaq Taigun, will definitely impress in terms of the space on the inside.
What will be under the Hood?
A diesel engine is nowhere to be seen on Volkswagens portfolio in India. Hence, the VW Taigun will be getting an option of a couple of petrol engine.
- Not just ordinary petrol engines, but turbo petrol engines (TSI- Turbocharged Stratified Injected).
- A 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-litre TSI engine motors will be there to excite the person behind the wheel. These engines produce 110ps and 150ps of max power with 175Nm and 250Nm of peak torque respectively.
- Both of the engines will have options of a manual and an automatic transmission. But the most thrilling one has to be the 7-speed DSG that will be coming with the more powerful engine.
The Volkswagen Taigun Rivals…
Volkswagen is pitching the Taigun with the big daddies of the compact SUV segment, Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos. But besides, this vehicle will also rival the likes of Nissan Kicks, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and more.
We can expect the price to range from ₹11 Lakhs to ₹20 Lakhs.
Will the Volkswagen Taigun be able to give the right competition to the class-leading Hyundai Creta? What do you think? let us know in the comment section below.