Volkswagen India could be working on a whole new line-up for the Indian market. It has also been reported Volkswagen India could launch a sub-compact SUV (codenamed-A0) which could make its debut around the first half of 2021.
Read More: Volkswagen Nivus- The New Sub-Compact Coupé Crossover On The Block!
Volkswagen could be planning to showcase 3 new SUVs at the 2020 Auto Expo. The first ones could be expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2020.
- Volkswagen’s new SUV will be based on Seat’s Arona and will be a sub-4m compact SUV which will take over the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian Market and Honda’s WR-V Internationally. Volkswagen India has taken over Seat and will be followed by the rebadging engineering technique
Must Read: The New Face Of Volkswagen
- The company will also be offering BS6 compliant powertrains on its vehicles post-December 2019. However, the new emission laws will come into effect from April 2020. Additionally, Volkswagen India will no longer offer diesel engines post the emission norms.
- Volkswagen India’s new Sub-compact SUV will be based on the company’s all-new MQB-A0 platform. With that said the new sub-compact SUV from Volkswagen India will be underpinning the same platform and wheelbase as of the Polo.
- Volkswagen India has previously made India-specific vehicles in the past. Volkswagen’s Ameo being the perfect example form the same. The Indian automobile sector is the world 4th largest market and is majorly dominated by much affordable and value-for-money vehicles.
Suggested Read: Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace SUV Might Debut At The Auto Expo
- The all-new MQB-A0-IN platform from the company will be a low-cost derivative of the international-spec platform that will allow Volkswagen IndiaGroup to launch new vehicles at competitive prices. For the time being, Volkswagen will launch refreshed versions of their current model line-up to keep the product line-up fresh in the Indian market.
[…] Not to Miss: Volkswagen India to launch Vitara Brezza rival In 2020 […]